Saturday, November 13, 2010

Angelina Jolie: I Get Caught Up in How Much I Love Brad

Angelina Jolie: I Get Caught Up in How Much I Love Brad

Brad Pitt is handsome enough to make any woman swoon. But seeing him with his six children is when Angelina Jolie gets "caught up in how much I love him," she tells the December issue of Vogue magazine. "When I think about him, I just think of the man who’s such a great friend and such an extraordinary father. And that’s when I fall."

And though the high-profile couple has three adopted children from around the world (Maddox, 9, Pax, who turns 7 on Nov. 29, and Zahara, 6) in addition to their biological children (Shiloh, 4, and twins Knox and Vivienne, 2), she doesn't see her brood "as a global family," she explains.  "I don’t see it separate."

During the Vogue interview, Jolie was proud to show off what she calls “my favorite picture” of the six kids sitting around a kitchen table with Pitt in the foreground. When it comes to parenting the couple are very involved. "We take turns working," she explains. "One of us is always at home with the kids -- always."

And when it comes to the kids, Jolie can't help but gush about their funny stories. Shiloh's funniest? Recently discovering a dead bird and asking Mom for an unusual request. "She came in and said, 'Can I have a dead pet?'" Jolie recalls. "And I'm ... 'Uh-uh, I don't think it's healthy, honey. I think they have to put him in a box,' and I had to run out to find, like, a taxidermy bird. I just worked it out for her."

Jolie admits she's not known for her culinary skills in the house. "Pax is a better cook than me," she admits. "Pax likes to cook. But I try to when I can. Any house that we’re in, we all chip in. But the kids are very sweet . . . so enthusiastic anytime I cook." 

For her latest film The Tourist (which hits theaters Dec. 10), "I was looking for a very short thing to do before Brad started filming (Moneyball).I said I needed something that shoots not too long, in a nice location for my family. Somebody said there’s a script that’s been around, and it shoots in Venice and Paris. And I said, 'Is it a character I haven’t played before? And they said, 'Yes, it’s a lady.'"

Are you surprised by Angelina Jolie's candid remarks about her family? Chime in below!

Paz Vega PenÈlope Cruz Pink

No comments:

Post a Comment